Friday, December 16, 2005

Baby Thrown From Window Of Burning Apartment!

Infant safely caught after being dropped to a man from a burning third floor New York city apartment.

Tracinda Foxe, 30, and her 1 month old baby were trapped in their third floor apartment that was engulfed in smoke and flames. Foxe went to the window with her infant son, said a prayer and dropped him to the crowd that had gathered below. Tracinda Foxe told the Daily News “I said, ’God, please save my son. I prayed that someone would catch him and save his life.” Luckily the baby was caught by Felix Vazquez, a housing authority supervisor. Vazquez stated "I didn't think, I just reacted." He then proceeded to give the baby mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Tracinda was hysterical when firefighters finally got to her. Both Foxe and the baby were treated and released from the hospital. The whole thing was caught on tape and can be viewed at MSNBC.com.

What a scary situation to be put in. I am so happy that they are both safe.

Source: MSNBC.com

No comments: